Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I still type at 35wpm - because I learned to type on a teletype machine.

And everything just went better when the fingers stayed in sync with the clutches.
So my hands have only one fixed speed, they never learned a different one.
I remember pressing the keys ahead of time waiting impatiently for the clutches to let them slide down into place. I was considered to be a very fast typist at the peak of my career (and much more accurate when I was younger and my fingers still did what I commanded them to do). When "speaking with my fingers" while typing like I do now makes me feel all "tongue-tied"...

And those ASR-33s were much faster than the old 5-bit Murray-code (Baudot) teletypes popular in Ham radio back then -- remember those? (Yes, I have an FCC radio license... and SCUBA diving certificate, certified life-guard, first-aid, CPR, airpane pilot training, motorcycle license, firearms safety certificate, and training and certification in electronics, computer science, human relations, and human-restraint training, including some martial arts training as well!). And while talking about experience, I was "Director of Software Development", "Senior Technical Support Analyst", "Senior Systems Software Engineer", and other things, and I owned my own corporation at one time, and I studied Constitutional Law too (I even represented myself in court several times -- and won my cases!). Now I just sit at home in front of my "wall of video" and telecommute all the time...

P.S. Much too easy to reminisce about old things, when new things are much more powerful and fun! I love my tech toys and tools.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote