View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdashery View Post
Yeah I hear ya. It's critical the quote and scripture are both before the body as they are discussed in the reflection each day, and I think adding a symbol individually to 365 days of files is more work than it's worth! But I think I've found a happy balance. Since the h1 and h2 are showing up fine in both embedded and system fonts, and the scripture was already just system font italicized, I'm just going to change the quote to 1.1em and change the affirmation to 1.2em bold and call it a day! Now time to test it on one million different platforms!

Thanks guys!!
Well...there aren't any media queries that can refine down to "if/then Publisher fonts are turned OFF, then do this," or the like.

The best you can do is to guesstimate, OR use screen-size or aspect ratio for older devices but honestly...that's a lotta lotta work.

You can change the media queries to address the font size, but it's questionably successful. You can use amzn-mobi and amzn-kf8, and that will get you about 90% of the way there. The default (non-MQ'ed code) assumes the Kindle eReaders (Voyage, Oasis, PPW). While MOBI uploads are no longer supported, there are still some of 'em out there, so...that's what I'd do. You can use Font-size as a supported attribute inside the CSS.

Not perfect and probably not better than your final solution, but...

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote