View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
A few years ago, Amazon accounted for 80 percent of my sales. Today it is more like 85-90 percent, alas. And these books are all packaged in a file ending in "mobi," so I reckon that that's what they are, whether they are delivered as KF7, KF8, or KFX. And if you choose to define mobi more strictly, then they are Kindle Format or Anti-Epub; they certainly aren't epubs.
I can name an ePub abc.mobi and it's still an ePub. Just because people are using .mobi for Mobi/KF8 combined files does not make them Mobipocket. They are something else until they are split apart and then the Mobi part is Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote