View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
New Leaf Book Club - March: The Old Man and the Sea

I would like to nominate Ernest Hemingway's best book, made into a superb movie starring Spencer Tracy. The movie got one Oscar win, and two additional nominations. The book? It got a Pulitzer Prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodreads
It is the story of an old Cuban fisherman and his supreme ordeal: a relentless, agonizing battle with a giant marlin far out in the Gulf Stream. Using the simple, powerful language of a fable, Hemingway takes the timeless themes of courage in the face of defeat and personal triumph won from loss and transforms them into a magnificent twentieth-century classic.
This is a short book (132 pages in hardcover), it's FREE in Canada and Life+50 countries, and is both powerful and approachable. Really, if you read no other Hemingway, read this one.

FadedPage -- FREE
AmazonUS -- $9.99 USD
AmazonUK -- £5.99
AmazonAU -- $2.04 AUD

KoboUS -- $6.49
KoboUK -- £5.49
KoboCA -- $0.99

AudibleUK -- £6.75 (or £5.99 WhisperSync)
AudibleUS -- $11.15 (or $8.49 WhisperSync )

I finally read this a couple of years ago when Hemingway became Public Domain in Canada. And I'd like to highly recommend it. Powerful, timeless, and a quite approachable read.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote