View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
A few problems, (bugs?)...

First, thanks to Kovid (& crew) for the best programs in its domain.

I have a few little niggles that pop up from time to time & I'd like some feedback. (I'm using the latest version of Calibre).

1. Sorting by author doesn't work.

I have about 90 books in my library. Trying to sort by author works, kind of. For example, terry pratchett books (I have about 15) are sorted into three different groups with other authors between them. same goes for other authors with more than 3 books.

2. changing some series tags from the main window doesn't work.

When double clicking on a series tag & editing it, for a few tags (Don't know why those in particular), Calibre adds a few extra spaces after the series name and before the number ([#]). No matter how many time I will change it manually it will add those again.

3. Editing series tag through the edit meta info window change the series no. as well.

I don't know if that's by design, but for example, if I change the "discworld" series tag into "Discworld" it automatically set the series number into the last number I have + 1. The problem is that even if I afterwards change it manually, once I press ok I see it changed back into that last number..

Happy new year
Dave
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote