View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #45
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
Yes, I believe it would be hard for the attendant to do that. The interference not only depends on the radiated emmisions of the phone/reader, but also on the radiated suceptibility of the device or circuit being interupted. They can couple in weird ways that's not always intuitive, hence the rigorous design, test and certification required.
Thanks - I wasn't sure how reliable something like that would be. Obviously this thing is a big customer issue or they wouldn't even be bothered to investigate so thoroughly and potentially make changes to their regulations.

It looks like they are really only concerned with the radio transmitter aspect so it would have been ideal if there was a way to easily detect it. I thought there must have been a reason why such a device wasn't already announced.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote