View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #812
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I think we are going to need a new thread just about popcorn, and it's various ways to prepare.

Anyone buy a bottle of 'Chateau Neuf de Pop?"
It was selling for about $18 a bottle when I saw it 15 years ago in a gourmet shop. Ordinary wine bottle filled with popcorn, and a home-printed label. The shop owner said she had trouble keeping it stocked. I'll stick with Orville. I buy the 8lb bottle at Costco, and after opening, I take a damp paper towel and stick it inside the bottle to just slightly raise the moisture content inside the kernels. They pop up HUGE!!!!

Stitchawl
Ha ha! I often drink "Châteauneuf-du-Pape", though it is a bit pricey. Never had the popping variety though.

Well that popcorn went down well, though I think I'm going to have to invest in the "proper" loose kernels and do some experimentation. Just off to the shops...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote