View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 AM   #62
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
So I have an E at the end, how fun. The rest looks the same. So the E is so far the only difference I have with Murg's device... Is B giving problems?
I was trying to figure out if there was a meaning behind the letter. If everyone had wildly different letters, then it would probably have been a check digit.

Since we have well ordered letters (A-E), then the letter is either a regional designator, a firmware variant designator or a hardware variant designator.

Or it can just be an incrementing letter to allow for more serial numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
(Why are we doing the serial number obscuring?)
I'm an old school computer security paranoid type person. Try not to let personally identifiable info out there into the world. I really don't care what people's serial number are beyond trying to figure out the format.

The difference between my serial number and another of the Australian serial numbers is approx 95,000, which may mean that there were at least 100,000 Touchs sold in the Australian region. Or, in other circumstances (last number is a check digit), there is only a 9,500 difference.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote