View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MC View Post
I'm a heavy reader and plan on moving into the eReading scene.

Which should I get? The Kindle ($79 model) or the Nook SimpleTouch ($99 model)? Which one is better?

Also, I read a lot of PDF files so ideally I'd like to know which is better at displaying PDF.
Where do you live? Respectively: From where do you buy most of your books (i.e. do you travel a lot)?
I love both nooks, classic and touch.
But they both still are entirely US-centric.
You have to go through VPN, to buy eBooks from B&N, if you're outside of the US. Solvable, but personally I hate it.
On Kindle, on the other hand, you can buy everywhere (the call it "Kindle international" for a valid reason). Personally, I've got 5 of them over the years. All with free 3G. I love, buying an eBook on vacation in some exotic location. Via 3G. For free!
And, as good as B&N is, quality- and price-wise Amazon to me still seems to be the #1 bookstore.
No question to me: Go for Kindle, if you plan to shop for eBooks from the respective manufacturer.
If you plan to download your eBooks from another source and maybe convert them, it comes to personal taste. I slightly prefer Kindle touch for its form factor over nook touch, but it's not much of a difference.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote