View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
daisybelle
daisybelle began at the beginning.

Device: sony 700
Question Newbie confused as to what I should buy

I recently discovered ebooks (I know, I'm slow) and I'm totally loving them. I primarily download books from my library (from Overdrive, ebx.etd extension) and view them in Adobe Digital Edition, so to me it's important that a reader will be able to read these library files, as well as importing .pdf files. Cost isn't the most important consideration, I just want a good quality unit that will be relatively easy to use and have a smooth interface.

Kindle won't work for me, because I won't be purchasing that many books, I prefer the free ones ;0) and as far as I can tell Amazon has Kindle locked down. I'm looking at Sony 700, but people seem to like the 505 better, but I'm unsure if the 505 series supports Adobe Digital.

The members of your forums are talking about ereaders I've never heard of, brands such as eSlick and BeBook, so I'm getting confused.

Will you just give me advise as to what is a really good product that has the features I need as listed above.

One other question, I see that the Sony 700 is a new release, is another in the works that will be wireless and color, or does someone else have this in development that will be released soon that has these features?

I would like to purchase this soon, but I would be willing to wait a bit for these options.

I own both PC's and a Mac, so if I do buy one that uses wired transfer, I will be able to use whichever computer works best with what I purchase.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me, this is the most exciting thing I've found in a long time, I'm really enjoying these ebooks.

I also much prefer the Mobi reader format over the Adobe, unfortunately, the books I download from my local library won't let me open them in Mobi, I have to use Adobe. Hopefully, Adobe Digital will have a new release soon that will give more options like Mobi, full screen, 3 columns, adjustable fonts and colors... Here's to hopin...

Last edited by daisybelle; 01-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote