View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Decision time: Nook Tablet or iPad Mini

I admit I had no idea that the Nook Tablet had an HD release out already.

I looked at the iPad Mini today ($329 for 16 gig wifi only) and it really was nice. Would be nice to have in addition to my iPhone 4S. Same games and apps could be on both.

BUT.....

I'm very picky in my ebook readers as there is ONE major feature that is a must for me: The ability to sort my ebooks in the order I load them onto the device. Plus I don't want the book I'm currently reading to be moved to the top of the list, I want it to stay in the order with the rest of the books. I know, a crazy feature that not many people want but it's the OCD in me and it's what I want.

Does the Nook reader do that?

I've already looked at the Nook reader for the iPhone and it says that it will Sync between the iPhone and the Nook which would be a second important feature.

Yes, I've read that the Kindle and the kindle software for the iPhone does the syncing but Kindle does NOT sort in the order you put the books on the device plus, I don't want to have to convert all the epub books that I already have.

I seem to remember that the Nook is based on the Android platform. Is that correct? I have an Asus Transformer and, like the iPad, it's big and heavy and my hands get very tired of holding it when I am trying to read which is why I'm looking for something smaller.

How are games and watching movies on the Nook? If I remember right, you can watch NetFlix on the Nook. Is that correct?

Any help, suggestions and information you all can share is greatly appreciated.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote