View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
If I own something, I should be entitled to let a friend borrow it for a while. I can't believe anyone can reasonably argue against this.
But you're not "letting a friend borrow it"; you're giving your friend a copy of the book. Previously only you had a copy; now, both you AND your friend have a copy. Two books exist where previously there was only one. It's like photocopying a paper book and giving your friend the photocopy. That's why this is not permitted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote