View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I've changed FD to use is_gui_thread().
Not convinced this is correct for the reasons I gave earlier.
Quote:
Given that the calls to job_done are happening in the GUI thread already, I doubt using FunctionDispatcher will make any difference to meme. Presumably, there is another signal chain earlier in the call sequence.
Also not convinced. Using Dispatcher, the done function was called when a queued signal event was processed. In the meantime, the GUI thread went on and did its thing, running the rest of the functions and starting more jobs. I would imagine that event processing is serial, but there is no reason to believe it is strictly ordered.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote