View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #351
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Nasser!
Thanks a lot for the debugging. I think I know what is going on.
The crucial part is this:

Code:
PW1 gives:
"Mapping GDK_End via ncurses to '<0x1b>OF', returning.

PW3 and KT3 give only:
Mapping GDK_End (ignoring, no match for modifier state).
VTE first tries to check the mapping in termcap file, but there is no entry for End key. Then it tries a lookup in terminfo database. There is terminfo entry for xterm on my KT (with End key mapping), but it is probably missing on newer kindles (I remember some problems with that).

Please try following solution:
Start kterm with TERMINFO variable, like this:

Code:
[root@kindle bin]# TERMINFO=/mnt/us/extensions/kterm/vte/terminfo ./kterm
If it works we will just have to add this to kterm.sh script.
I was fooled by TERMINFO env being present in kterm environment, but I didn't think that it is not accessible to VTE library, only to programs running in terminal.

Hope this helps
baf is offline   Reply With Quote