View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #358
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Just recieved PW and it is totally white on page.

I just received my PW NSO and it is totally white on the screen with fonts totally black. Contrast is perfect and there are no blotches anywhere that I can see.

It was delivered in a strange manner, however. My Order page still shows it as "Shipping Soon" with an Oct 11 delivery date. It was NOT on my "Manage Devices" page. The PW there did not show a serial number. At first CS told me I was not allowed to use it until Oct 11 but I appealed to the next level. Then the problem was resolved.

I registered it from the device and it still did not show on the "Manage Devices" page. I had to call CS and they added it on that page. Then it showed TWO PW's on that page: one without a serial number and the other with the correct serial number.

Its possible this unit is from a different run than the others described with problems here.

I deregistered the one without a serial number and the other shows correctly now.

Since many of you folks are having a screen problem, I'll post the first 8 digits of my serial number: B024 1501.

If you did have a screen problem, post your first 8 digits as well. Maybe the problem units all have the same first 8 digits which are different from mine.

This one looks like the Amazon advertised pictures: perfect white with full contrast fonts all uniform in thickness and darkness. I tried different eBooks and they all look good.

I did download the NET Bible with 75,000 notes and am letting it index overnight with my unit plugged into the power. That will use lots of power to index. I had it for my Kindle Kbd WiFi and it took lots of power there as well. That ebook used to be able to use Osnova verse locator as on my Kindle Kbd. That system does not work on the Kindle Fire. I use the Logos Bible Android app there.

I also downloaded just the 2 ebooks I am currently reading and 1 which my wife is reading.

I like the idea it measures my reading speed and calculates the time to finish the chapter and the book. The cover does control the closing and opening of the PW and starts exactly where I left off when I closed it. Syncrhonization seemed immediate with my Kindle Fire and Kindle Kbd. I did not have to press any Sync key to do it.

The only problem I had is that I had to create my collections from scratch. It did not seem to be able to import them from my Kindle Kbd WiFi.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-04-2012 at 10:12 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote