Thread: Glo ADE setup problem
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember though that you cannot deregister a device and if you preregister a device that counts as another registration.

The last few times I have done a reset I just saved and restored the Adobe directory (I'm not at my PC right now but it's the .adobe something directory at the root of the Kobo when attached to your PC).
With multiple Kobo devices, instead of replacing the entire .adobe-digital-editions directory in the root of the Kobo, I replace the hidden activation.xml file inside that directory. The device.xml file has the Kobo serial number for the Touch and Glo -- the Wifi used it's MAC address as the serial number -- plus other oddments of information while the activation.xml file seems to contain only the license and activation ID information.

I went this route after having to contact Adobe twice when I ran out of activations when I had to reset my Kobo Wifi multiple times.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote