View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #487
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Findings so far: Both compact and modified are exactly the same size and look like the same weight. The only difference is the gab between lines. For KF8: line spacing on Modified on medium setting is very similar to line spacing on Caecilia on small setting. The height of the letters is also almost the same compared to Caecilia. For old Mobi: There is NO difference in line-spacing between the compact and modfied versions.

And some screenshots attached (16 total). Since I have JBPatch, I disabled it for the screenshots. Font size is set to 5th from left. For mobi as there is no difference, only one each is included as compact and modified are the same. For reference there is also Caecilia with all 3 line space settings in KF8, and gentium book basic (only in small line spacing). In mobi all is only at small line spacing. Naming conventions is pretty easy: fontname-sizeoflinespacing-kf8/mobi.png.

Go analyze them at your hearts desire.

p.s.: Forgot to add - I like them very much. Probably going to throw out the Modified in favor of the Compact. Plus throw out the small caps as I won't use that to read books with.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CharisSILLargerBetaScreenshots.zip (676.5 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote