View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #722
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Kai771: eglibc is ABI compatible with glibc. What doesn't work is trying to use stuff from newer glibcs on a system with an older glibc. To help with that, glibc uses symbol versioning, so that when an API change would cause an ABI breakage, the symbol name 'changes' by using a different version suffix. That's what we've been working with/checking when looking at the the readelf output/tweaking the flags: making sure we weren't pulling anything newer than 2.5 by checking the symbol names.

What's probably the issue here is the minimum Kernel ABI it was built to support... I'm guessing something newer than what the Kindle runs, which would explain the horrible breakage on simple syscalls...

Check the output from file/readelf -n

@twobob: Just to add that my TC build itself is not Gentoo specific (Hell, I'm using ct-ng, not gentoo's crossdev ). What I am using some Gentoo ideas/patches for, though, is most of the stuff I actually build with that TC .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-28-2012 at 01:37 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote