View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #59
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstonian View Post
I would be interested in knowing the impact of the removal of the Home Button. I have a KTouch and I very seldom use this button. However, I'm not sure how I would accomplish what I do use it for if I didn't have it. First, while reading a book, I get to the Home Page by pressing the Home Button. I know I can also get there by tapping the centre of the screen then tapping "<--Home", so I don't really need the Home Button there. Once on the Home Page, I tap Library then Reading Stats ... how do I easily get back to the Home Page then to the book I'm reading without the Home Button? Is there anything new in the Glo firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Good question, I wonder about the missing home button too. They're usually links to the previous page etc, and from a book indeed you can go to the home screen via the book menu... But I'm worried that it'd be a bit tedious. The home button works nice and quickly... tapping twice instead of hitting the button once --although it doesn't seem like a hassle when I type it now--sounds annoying. Especially if you want to quickly switch to a different book or something...

Also, as we're on the home button missing subject... Could you measure Glo to find out where the 8mm it is smaller than the Touch has been taken away from? Eg. is the bottom bezel smaller, or the top one, or both and then it what ratio... This could be important for beautiful cases people might have for their Touch and want to be able to keep using for their Glo...
OK, I'll add a point to the "Functionality" section about the mechanics of going back to the Home Menu. Could one of you please expand a bit on how the Home button on the Touch works exactly? One touch brings up some kind of menu and two touchs takes you to the home screen?

As for the reduced 8mm, I have no Touch to compare this to, but some Google searching makes it appear that the lower bezel has been reduced in size (see image below). I'm not sure how I can measure this myself without having a Touch handy...

9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote