View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #81
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogghead View Post
I held the Nook Glow side-by-side with the Kindle 3 (non-touch). The Nook is less clear. It's obvious.
I don't doubt you, it makes sense that the extra layer would ruin contrast a bit, but I do belive a fair comparison should be the non-Glow to the Glow-Nook, using the same font and other settings. Kindle use a relatively bold font and many think that because of that contrast is actually better than it is.
I'm not saying this is always the case , but I have seen/heard it enough times to know it's till true for many.

I'm looking forward to comparing the two Nooks side by side myself, because contrast is really big deal to me, and I'm somewhat skeptical to this extra layer on the screen even though I like the idea of a build in light.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote