View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #172
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirs View Post
I cannot do login because my Kindle does not react on my keyboard input from Putty or RealTerm programs.

I put ENABLE_DIAGS file on USB disk (when Kindle exports this for few seconds) but Kindle does not react on this also. It is still constantly rebooting.

Unfortunately, I have no digital oscilloscope here to check what kind of signal is on the TxD line when I am trying to send something. But, just before I have started to build 5V->1.8V adaptation scheme, I checked with analog oscilloscope what is the signal on the TxD line. I used simple batch file for this with only two command inside: echo "1234567890" > COM4 and 1.bat after. 1.bat is the same file.

So, now, I cannot understand what kind of problem I have. Probably, by some reason, my USB->RS232 adapter does not send any signal to Kindle, or probably, Kindle currently is in some "do not receive anything from Serial line" mode.

Did you or probably your friends ever meet the same problem?
For my 3.3v USB adapter TxD to be seen by the kindle RxD, I had to limit the voltage. Some adapters do not need that, but mine certainly did. You can look up the "level shifter circuit" on these forums for how I did that. Whether you need it depends on your particular adapter. I sounds like you do not need to shift the levels from the kindle TxD to the adapter RxD.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote