View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #64
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yeah, but there's a couple issues with this. First, repair costs are often prohibitive and most people don't want to be separated from their smartphones for any period longer than ten minutes. What most people do is put up with a compromised smartphone until it becomes nearly useless, then they replace it.
One of the 2 places in our local mall claims they do it within 30 minutes. Of course if they don't have the battery they will have to get it in, but even for myself I have ordered cellphone parts from the other side of the world and they arrive within a couple of days.

So a couple of days longer using your phone with a tired battery and less than 30 minutes without it. A little longer than your quest for 10 minutes I must concede but hardly shabby.

In the end most phone batteries these days last long enough 'til the owner wants to renew. Saw some where recently that average turnover of cellphones is around 2 years and owner upgrades. So not a big deal in the scheme of things.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote