View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #61
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
It's true that there are good reasons for not putting replaceable batteries in phones but there are also good reasons for doing it. It can be done. Not doing it was a choice manufacturers made. We bought the phones anyway so it's hard to see it as a bad choice from their perspective. It's definitely a bad choice from my perspective.

As for the idea that we have to upgrade every year or two, our economy is kind of based on that. I don't like it much but I do it. I'd prefer to have tech devices that lasted decades but that isn't going to happen and if it did a lot of us might starve.
I don't like things designed to be thrown away. I guess that's partly why I like Linux. It can revive old equipment and make it useful again. My oldest useful latptop computer was made in 2003 (Dell Latitude D400) and still runs a modern version of Linux Mint. The desktop computer I'm typing on now is 10 or 11 years old.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote