View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #39
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post

is this useful?
It helped a good deal - except I think I'm losing the thread in this particular discussion In any case, I don't think we disagree on this issue in general, perhaps even not in particulars.

It started with the idea that reading fiction (and of a certain quality, I would say - by this I don't necessarily mean literary literature) would provide children with an emotional education. I think I generally agree with this statement, but I do question how applicable it is on societal problems, such as youth violence.

I just noticed I missed this particular sentence in your original post: "I am not referring to those socially under privileged." Sorry, my bad - it would have changed my reply.

Then one could ask; is there more violence among "non-un-privileged"* youth today than earlier?

* It's not exactly the same as priviledged
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote