View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 04:06 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
5. The best way to display images with margins zero is to use the standard svg cover markup that calibre generates for its epub cover pages. That is guaranteed to work.
5. About full-page images

I'd like to come back on this point, because this puzzles me: when the right conversion options are ticked, Calibre converts precisely the cover image (margin 0). However, it adds margins to other images using the exact same code, even when they are isolated in their own file.
I believe this is an example of the "standard svg cover markup" that Kovid is referring to. I grabbed it from the titlepage of one of my books that calibre created.

Code:
  <div>

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 1200 1600" preserveAspectRatio="none">
      <image width="1200" height="1600" xlink:href="cover.jpeg"/>
    </svg>

</div>
Adjust as required.

Update: I'm curious how any image with a width of 88.0% wouldn't have left and right margins?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-24-2018 at 04:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote