View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
The best part was, she refused to have her book edited claiming "I'm a PHD. I don't make mistakes!" lol.
Oh, that sounds sooo familiar. And yet the professors (in the UK sense of major big-shot senior academic) with years of experience will happily submit to their copy being edited and even thank the copyed for improving their work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
Also I have noticed that the cheaper eBooks appear to have been proof read by people whose first language is not english, and learnt the language by listening rather than writing it.

e.g. "given" instead of "giving"........"wages" instead of "wagers" (that was on 2 consecutive lines so not a typo)
And 'waived' for 'waved', 'principle' for 'principal' (and vice versa), and 'monkjack' for 'muntjac', to name but three in a recent book - shame, because the story was quite good.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote