View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They are all compliant with life+70 requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreutzer View Post
I naively assumed this, especially as I see no point in a restrictively licensed public library, but I was soon corrected...
Indeed, the library is basically life+70, but it also holds other books which are not public domain, including (but not limited to): copyrighted translations uploaded to Project Gutenberg, for which redistribution is allowed (probably with some conditions); Creative Commons works; works uploaded by the author (whether or not it is OK to redistribute them, is up to the author, we only know we can host them, because the author uploaded them).

Quote:
I'm all the time at risk because people might use my software to download those works and redistribute them
Not being a lawyer in any country, my opinion is that if you download the whole library and host it elsewehere, you may be doing something wrong. If you provide a tool that someone can use to download books (which they can easily and legally download otherwise, anyway) and they decide to disregard any possible copyright/license and distribute them... well, I can't say you're to blame, not more than MR.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote