View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #57
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysart View Post
Agreed. This topic does illustrate the problem. The way I navigate the board is through clicking new posts.
You can go into your profile and set up forums exclusions. This will only exclude it from the new posts search/display. It does not ignore them 100%. for example, you can still see them if you have subscribed to the threads when you go to your CP.

I have the lounge, the foreign language, and several other threads ignored for new search.

I usually start at my CP, and read the threads I have subscribed to with new posts in them. I remove the subscription to the thread if the thread has gone where I don't care about. I have my settings set to subscribe (no notification) to any thread I post into.

Next I will go to the "new posts" and go through all those threads. If there are alot only those that interest me.

Then, if I have time I will go to the Lounge and see if there are any new posts/threads that interest me. If not, I mark all read in the Lounge.

BOb

BTW: Actually the above is a bit wrong. I usually start with a search for new messages in the reported posts thread. Of course, only a moderator can do this. We like to catch reports and deal with them ASAP.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote