View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Thanks for the input, guys.
I do like the design and the interface of the PRS-900, but the slightly decreased clarity is sure to bug me. :\

Assuming I can get enough good results with those tricks, the nook could come into contention as well.
A good reading light seems to solve most of the contrast and glare issues for the PRS-900. Clarity has not really been an issue... I assume you mean something akin to sharpness...

But far from me recommending the device. It's pricey and it does have plenty of downsides - slow at times (when ti comes to annotations), clunky software, stupidly limited zoom...

Yet, at the moment, I still think it's the best option for PDFs, especially if you want to take annotations.

I have learned to live with it...

But I am curious about the forthcoming Eee Tablet:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/a...ablet-preview/

and downright salivating over the Eee Pad (which will not replace a dedicated e-reader amongst my gadgets, but it's still a cool toy and certainly a better option than the Ipad for professional use - well, at least, my kind of professional use):

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/a...p121-hands-on/
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote