View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:50 AM   #23
knightrider247
knightrider247 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Regarding notes: holding the tap too long I meant ...

Regarding format: I ruled out EPUB bc Amazon states it does not support e-ink-readers: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200634390

Aspect ratio of the picture: When I wrote that the ratio of the picture is wrong (after exporting and looking at it in Calibre) then I meant exactly that. I was not talking about how it did not fit the screen on all 4 sides. I know that both is not possible.

Any thoughts on that? Therefore I thought it has to be MOBI.

In light of all your input (thank you for that) I only have the following goals now: :-)
-maximum compatibility
-keeping ratio of pictures
-no additional margins (if there are margins bc of the device - so be it - although I have to say I still quite did not understand that ... cause any device that can show a pic can show it maximized to either (!) top and bottom or left and right) - or what am I missing? I am aware it cannot be screen filling on every device and keep the pic ratio at the same time)

I know a little about HTML, but def. not up to the point where it had to be for this. It wouldnt be only HTML but also I would have to know how each device treats certain things, wouldnt I?

So if coding is not an option, the next best is Word?

THX!
knightrider247 is offline   Reply With Quote