View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #100
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineLTD View Post
Don't get me wrong, my criticism comes from a place of love, I would actually buy a tablet with this display right here were it available, it's obviously superior to EInk. It's just that it was supposed to be that much better. I wonder if the glare is because of the glass substrate or because of the frontlight this sample is supposed to have.
Like I said, I don't think it matters in real life use cases. Eink without extra light layer or capacitive touch layer has glare if you angle it right against a very bright light (e.g. the first gen Kindle Touch) The advantages over eink is the color, refresh rate and higher reflectivity. Also the penalty of eink is very high energy consumption while refreshing the image, so basically only made for static images that change seldom. If the specs are to be believed, then CLEARink with color is as reflective as eink without.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote