View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 12:13 AM   #3
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Will the committee take any account of the year of protests around the world?
I'm making an assumption and guessing that you're talking about the controversy surrounding Handke, so the most relevant information I can find is from this Guardian article. Here's a quote:

Quote:
Björn Wiman, culture editor at Swedish paper Dagens Nyheter, said: “Last year was an exhibition in how not to polish your brand. They followed up a year when they had been explicitly prohibited from awarding the prize with giving it to Handke. I’m sure they were aware of the colossal controversy that would follow, and which did, and which further deepened the crisis for the Swedish Academy.”

“This is important for this year’s prize because they will, I think, make a safe choice. They will give the prize to a female author, who is not from Europe, and who is, in the political and ideological and appearance-wise sense, the opposite of Handke,” Wiman added.
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote