Thread: MobileRead Did you read this month's book?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
I got it this weekend from my local Overdrive library. I have read and reread many decades ago (very surprised to realize how many decades ago that it actually was). I have just started it and although I "remember the story" I really don't recognize the beginning now. The expensive edition is 60% novel and 40% supplemental material. So far, I have spent more time reading the extras than the actual book. I have been avoiding dystopian stories lately myself.

FWIW, I reported what appeared to be an illegal(?) copy in iBooks. I got an email from Apple yesterday saying:

"Thank you for contacting iTunes. My name is Adam, and I’m an iTunes Senior Support Advisor. I have taken ownership of your case and will be working with you from here.

I understand that there is no publisher information for your copy of Fahrenheit 451. I’d certainly want to make sure a book I purchased is legitimate. I’ll be happy to look into this and see what we can do.

I can’t tell if it’s legitimate or not on my end. I’ll need to contact our Content team to see what they determine. At current volume, it may take a few days before I hear back from them. I’ll let you know as soon as I have news."

Will post if they reply.

Has anyone outside of North America commented on the availability of affordable editions?
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote