View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Alisendre
Alisendre began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G - Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo - Error communicating with device

Hello everyone,
I just hope you can offer some help.

I'm currently running Calibre 1.1.0 on my desktop (OS Win XP 32bit SP3) and a Kobo Glo (firmware 2.6.1) AND the same but on my other PC, a laptop. (OS Win 7)

On my laptop all is working like charm.

On my desktop, when I connect Kobo, Calibre gets Information from Device (on bottom left correctly displayed "...connected Kobo Glo"), gets List of Book from Device (green flags in Library for books on device) but when Calibre tries to Send Metadata to Device the job always fails and this is what I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 506, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 408, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 888, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2154, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2599, in check_for_bookshelf
OperationalError: unable to open database file

I also cannot send books from device to Library or install KoboTouchExtended plug-in

It is true that I might as well quit using my desktop and happily go on with the one actually working, but aside from the former being the one I use most, I cannot fathom what the problem might be, since I'm quite sure I have configured the two in the same way...(or at least, that was my intention :P)

Any hint?

Thank you for your help

PS: I've also got kobo plug-in to try to use a newer firmware
Alisendre is offline   Reply With Quote