View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #31
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 and a Kindle Basic
I love my paperwhite but the thing I tell people that are thinking of a paperwhite is this - what sort of environments do you read in? Do you like to curl up on the sofa below the floor lamp and read the kindle? Do you like to read in bed (something that we insomniacs should never do)? If you answered yes to either then the basic may be a better idea. I walk three city blocks to a bus stop where I wait in the predawn light for the bus, which is quite often 99% dark, there is usally one light on in the back, to a subway that I take to work. If I have any desire, which I always to do, I need that booklight. If I want to read any on the bus then I need that book light. So look at the environments in which you like to read - do you read in teh dark? If yes then the paperwhite is a good idea, and only if you said yes.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote