View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I do not know what they need to do to change public opinion, but right not the general feeling of the market (valid or not) is that WP7 sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That would be several close minded people right?
Most definitely.

I know someone who has never used a WP7 device, but is adamant that he will never buy a phone with a Microsoft OS. He hasn't tested it, doesn't know anyone who has extensive experience with it, hasn't really even read many reviews for it. Just decided that if it's running Windows, it won't be good.

Now, while I don't condone such an approach (I prefer the radical idea of only passing judgement once you actually know what the hell you're talking about) it does present a worrying sign for Microsoft. It's not just that WP7 hasn't caught on; they are in the unenviable position of having to change the public's opinion of their operating systems, at least their mobile OS. Because their last attempt at a mobile OS was so shoddy, and because even their desktop OSes are known to be prone to crashes and bugs, a lot of people simply wouldn't trust them with a phone. They just assume that it won't be as good as iOS or Android.

To that end, I think the Microsoft exec who is going around challenging popular bloggers has the right idea. They need to get enough people to publicly state that WP7 is good, otherwise it's a dead OS even before it really gets going.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote