Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #74
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Update: So I finally got the money from my tax returns and am ready to buy an ereader. I was hoping to get the Sony 650 but Sony is out the 650s. I'm not paying $300 for the 950 (it's nice but not that nice) and I think the screen on the 350 is just too small for me. I admit though that the couple of times I played with the 350 in Borders, it worked really well. It was very fast and was very responsive and intuitive. I bid on a used Sony 650 on ebay. The auction still has two days left. I'm feeling hesitant though. I mean what if the item actually has some type of defect even though the seller says it is in good condition?

I know the refurbished Nooks are selling for a low price $89. That's a good price. I talked to my mother who thinks I should just get a new Nook. I've read that manufacturer refurbished still work like new but I dunno. I think I still have reservations about the getting a refurbished item as well.

Maybe I just have reservations about used electronics because I brought a used portable DVD that only works after hitting it and shifting it numerous times. Even then, it only works when it wants to. I wished I had just spent the extra money on a new one.

So anyway, I think I will go to B&N and Best Buy and try out both the Sonys and the Nook and see which one tickles my fancy and makes me feel good about buying it.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote