View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Hi Quek

I suspected that to be the case, I was looking, as best I could, at a few youtube videos hoping that practical experience might be otherwise.

This is no knocking of the Iliad, I could certainly use it and the bigger display is important, plus I make lots of doodles and notes. However, I am thinking of class use first and foremost.

It is a pity while very expensive LCD tablets exist, why some one could not come up with as something as simple as an etcho-sketch (ie mechanical, simple cheap, but with an USB interface and able to transpose itself from the mechanical to the electronic - perhaps I am naive expecting a combination low tech and high tech solution in something that is cheap and robust).

A notepad on one side and ebook/back pages on the other, would be a quick-fix, but there is probably some very good sound reason why this cannot be done, which is a pity.

Thanks for the reply, and good luck with the iliad, it looks a nice piece of machinery.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote