View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #44
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Well, my order finally went through--after multiple tries the cart stayed empty, and the books appeared in my library. Now, though, I can't download them. Audible told me I needed to install the software, which I did--but all I keep getting is the same message that I need to install the software. Frankly, I'm totally disgusted with the whole process; I've wasted more than an hour, and I've gotten nothing.

P.S. I also restarted the computer, thinking that would do the trick. Still nothing--get the same message that I need the stupid software.

P.P.S. After two chats and one phone call (!), I found out that I needed to go to account settings and turn on "software verification." Like I'm supposed to have just magically known to do that? Why the heck is the default to have it OFF? I think the people at Audible are a bunch of idiots, and after this experience, I am not inclined to try an actual purchase.

Last edited by Catlady; 09-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote