View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I was in English major and probably 2/3 of my textbooks were pub domain stuff now available on the internet. The other 1/3 were modern authors not available. If they had ebooks then, I would have saved a ton of money!

That said, my recent experience with e-textbooks was less than inspiring. It had a print button, and that was it. No ability to save the file for off-line reading. No ability to cut and paste it, not for your own backup reference, not even to quote one line of text in a paper. I literally had to manually copy out sentences if I wanted to use them in my work. And for this, I paid $40! Total waste, and I will not choose the e-book option when I next take courses from the institution involved. If I can't read it off-line and I have to manually cut and paste to cite lines in my work, I may as well buy the print copy and have THEM do the printing!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote