View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #84
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Hello Luke!

Thanks for your efforts with this program. It is SO close to being usable.

But I must admit that I am also having problems with the order of file display. When I put it into sigil, the component files of the epub are displayed in the order that they are put into the <spine...> section of content.opf, like this:

<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="content005.xhtml"/>
<itemref idref="content002.xhtml"/>
<itemref idref="content004.xhtml"/>
<itemref idref="content003.xhtml"/>
<itemref idref="content001.xhtml"/>
</spine>

also, when the created epub is opened in Firefox epub reader, the TOC displays all chapters, but they all point to the beginning of the single file that contains all the text of the book, i.e. they point to chapter one.

I have not modified the input file (which is in rtf format) to provide page breaks before each chapter, I must admit. It didn't seem worthwhile if all the resulting (component) text files in the epub would turn out in scrambled order.

So, there's still a ways to go.

I really do like your clean and simple CSS file though. Much easier to manage than any other I've tried so far, such as the InDesign epub export.

Here's hoping you persevere!