View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
yeah. I'm sure the 600s touch screen will be flush with the screen which will improve visibility by as much as 100%.

the problem is that the touch screen dims a screen by 80%, but that's with backlight devices. with eink, the light must pass through twice,
-20%
so that leaves 80% light hitting the screen, than another 20% gets shaved off. that's 80%-16=64%

but I for one am expecting them to update the 700s firmware with that of the 600s, possibly sans scribble, but its possible they do add it. but I think there will be a big chance we will see our dictionary.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote