Thread: 903 A total wipe clean?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I suppose nobody here knows the answer to that.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig for us, you could try wiping out everything in /mnt/ext1 via USB just before copying over the new firmware file. I wouldn't worry about wiping out any SD card you use; there is no system stuff that goes there. Dictionaries and TTS files are in a hidden partition, so you don't have to worry about losing those.

I'm not sure this won't leave your machine in a hung state once you unplug the USB cable, so I'd make sure the new firmware was copied over before unplugging the cable.

Again, I stress that I've never done anything like this, so my suggestion could be totally wrong and cause you much grief. Please keep that in mind!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote