View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #9
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hap124 View Post
Yeah its aggravating when you ask questions and people answer something you didn't ask, ignore what you wrote and tell you something you already said, or any of the usual sorts of things forums result in rather than answers.

Don't trouble yourself with the video, although I do appreciate it. There has been enough confirmation it is slower and less responsive to turn me off. I wouldn't want LESS than the Kindle in that regard for sure and would be aggravated constantly regardless of it;s other benefits. To me touch screen performance is a major UX thing that can ruin an experience. Kindle's aren't FAST...but I'd not want slower. Wish I could find some English Onux Prometheus and Chronos reviews as it seems the only other choice for this size...albeit a lot more costly.

This and the slower page turns are very disappointing and a deal breaker for me. The touch screen being fast and responsive on a touch only device is required and it's frustrating at the price point of these things it's not top tier. There seems to be no device this size that doesn't have some fatal flaw.

Yeah the flush fitting bezel devices ARE glass covered and this more reflective than the sunken displays that are the bare e-ink matte plastic. I am asking if people have noticed this increased reflectiveness to be an issue.

I also said I was going to turn the LED frontlight off and use an external light and that's why the reflectivity of the display was important.
unfortunately in the capitalist world we live in it's maximum profit for minimum outlay and it's up to the individual to find what works best of them whatever they are buying and good for you for doing so.

i have the Amazon Kindle/Basic 8th generation and in my opinion yes it as a faster touch screen than my Kobo Aura Original, but and it's a big but i use my Kobo Aura Original (ALL) of the time because it as the far superior software (unpatched) for my needs.

i apologise that this post isn't KA1 specific but i thought it worth mentioning that the hare being faster than the tortoise isn't always the most or only important thing although i appreciate for you it is.

btw. like you i also prefer the light off.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 08-11-2018 at 02:30 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote