View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #8
FlyHero
Member Retired
FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post
Well, the topic may be about comparing the speed and responsiveness of Kindle and Kobo,
If you really want, I could do a video comparison of the two readers. The difference in speed between the devices will be small - they will both be significantly slower than a tablet is. Such a video comparison would not inform you whether you will find the relative speed difference annoying whilst reading. I think the Kobo Aura One is noticeably slower in regular operation
Yeah its aggravating when you ask questions and people answer something you didn't ask, ignore what you wrote and tell you something you already said, or any of the usual sorts of things forums result in rather than answers.

Don't trouble yourself with the video, although I do appreciate it. There has been enough confirmation it is slower and less responsive to turn me off. I wouldn't want LESS than the Kindle in that regard for sure and would be aggravated constantly regardless of it;s other benefits. To me touch screen performance is a major UX thing that can ruin an experience. Kindle's aren't FAST...but I'd not want slower. Wish I could find some English Onux Prometheus and Chronos reviews as it seems the only other choice for this size...albeit a lot more costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoArmando View Post
The only problems I noticed with my Aura One is the touch screen, selecting word / character is really a pain. Sometimes you select a word for the dictionary and select the word on the the right. When I had the PW, I use to mark text all the time, now with the KA1 and not doing it anymore, is really bad. Is my only complain.
This and the slower page turns are very disappointing and a deal breaker for me. The touch screen being fast and responsive on a touch only device is required and it's frustrating at the price point of these things it's not top tier. There seems to be no device this size that doesn't have some fatal flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

I really don't know what you are talking about here. I can't think of much discussion on glare with respect to any Kobo devices. And none of the screens are glass. They are probably the same screens as in Kindles.

Also, the lighting in all of these devices are LED. So, of that bothers you, you are in trouble. Or did you mean the lighting for LCD screens?
Yeah the flush fitting bezel devices ARE glass covered and this more reflective than the sunken displays that are the bare e-ink matte plastic. I am asking if people have noticed this increased reflectiveness to be an issue.

I also said I was going to turn the LED frontlight off and use an external light and that's why the reflectivity of the display was important.

Last edited by FlyHero; 08-11-2018 at 01:12 PM.
FlyHero is offline   Reply With Quote