View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Comparing my Kobo KA1 and a Tolino epos, the touch screens seem much the same for responsiveness.

Comparing Kobo to Kindle? Compare the simplicity of installing an older version of firmware on a Kobo. ...
I don't disagree concerning the ease of patching Kobos. I've mentioned in the past that this where they really shine. But the original question I answered was about speed of the device. When comparing devices of the same age, the Kobos lag a little. And, for me, all Kobos with touch screens that I've used (Glo, Touch and Mini), have (or had in the case of the Glo) touch screens that are (were) not as responsive as other touch eReaders (Sonys, Kindles and my Tolino Page). It must be a software design decision by Kobo but, since I move around from different brands of eReaders, it is noticeable to me.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote