View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 01:57 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
My older Kobos (Mini, Touches, WiFi) lag when compared to my older Kindles, Tolino or Sonys. My main issue is that the touch screen is not as responsive. I think if I were only using Kobos (like davidfor above) I probably wouldn't notice, but I go back and forth a lot and it does get my attention. I can't speak for more modern Kobos, however.
Comparing my Kobo KA1 and a Tolino epos, the touch screens seem much the same for responsiveness. Software wise, Kobo definitely has the edge over Tolino. Series info, sort and filter selections when displaying your library, margin and line spacing settings, a lot more choices in font size selection, remembering your font settings from the last book when you open a new one, etc. Even trivia such as customizing the tap zones.

Comparing Kobo to Kindle? Compare the simplicity of installing an older version of firmware on a Kobo. Want to patch the software? Kobo (borrowing from Nike) is just do it. Kindle? Hopefully, your firmware version will let you do a jailbreak. Yes, Kindle has the advantage in highlighting but having control over the book format is likely a great help there -- compare highlighting an epub to highlighting a kepub on a Kobo for another example.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote