View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I use PaintShop Pro, old version 9, from about 2008 --- I don't think I really need the "special effects" in the newer versions, but I should download a trial and see if I want to update one of these days. GIMP is just toooooo overwhelming, after using PSP since 1998.
I have the Gimp here (and an ancient version of Photoshop. The last time I used it was for an enormous 100MB TIFF image from the Hubble space telescope. Everything else I had died with out of memory errors trying to open it.)

What I normally use is Paint.NET, an open source application intended to replace the Paint program supplied with Windows (and written by a Microsoft developer.) It requires a current .NET framework installed.

It lacks the bells and whistles of Photosop and the Gimp, but is adequate for what I do, which is mainly cropping and color tweaks.

See http://www.getpaint.net/index.html for information and downloads.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote