View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #46
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Not even close to being so. I have multiple redundancy backup and with my own hardware no one is trying to hack into my data. So far Google, Apple, Dropbox and Evernote have all been targets. I keep my data under my control.
There is also a big difference for people who are paranoid (or not?) about people legally accessing your data, at least in the US. Data on your own PC in your own home is protected by your fourth amendment rights, and requires a warrant to access. Data stored by an online provider is not, and requires only a subpoena, with a lower standard of proof required.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote