View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
That was my original question. I must have the book on my hard drive before I can import it into Calibre -- and Calibre stores a copy in its database. So for books that I'm simply wanting to load onto the Reader such as those downloaded from MobileRead, Feedbooks, or Baen -- if I can load them using normal "mounted disk" techniques, then I can avoid having the second copy stored in Calibre.
Where is this "second copy" you are talking about? Drop the eBook files into calibre, then delete the file. Viola, one copy.

But, yes, there is no "requirement" to put the book file into calibre... you can just put it on the Sony directly. If is perfectly safe.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote